Faculty Development (CTL) is thrilled to announce a new teaching and learning series, spark TALKS, launching in 2018. In collaboration with the Scholars & Creators Hub at Sheridan Library, this new series is meant to spark ideas, critical inquiry, and collaboration through TALKS (Teaching and Learning Knowledge Sharing).
Along with special events there will be monthly sessions from our learning community to foster communities of practice, strengthen discussions in teaching and learning, and provide a space for the exchange and creation of new ideas and innovations in our courses.
Browse the contents of spark TALKS:
- Promotional Material for sparkTALKS events
- Event booklet, poster, and postcard
- March 1st, 2018 SparkTALKS proudly presents: Examine, Experiment, Elevate: Taking teaching and learning to new heights at Sheridan
- A day-long event intended to cultivate and to celebrate Sheridan's instructional approaches and innovations in all forms. Participate in interactive keynotes from leading scholars Dr. Linda Nilson and Dr. Nicola Simmons. Engage with 3M Teaching & Learning Fellowship nominees as they invite us into their classrooms to share their stories and strategies. Get inspired by joining in on Teach Geeks, Flash Talks, and a Teaching and Learning Exhibit led by TLA 3 graduates. Toast their achievements at a graduation reception. Participants are invited to join this gathering of colleagues taking teaching and learning to new heights at Sheridan!
- Interviews with Sheridan's 2017 internal 3M Teaching Fellowship Nominees
- You are invited into the classrooms of each of Sheridan’s 3M Teaching Fellowship Nominees of 2017. Learn more about the philosophies and inspiration behind their teaching and learning.