open educational resources, open textbook, OER curriculum development, Pressbooks, and open access research publishing
In the presentation, the speakers shared information on:
- Open educational resources and their benefits for teaching and learning
- The process of developing an open textbook for the COMM 19997 course
- Pressbooks for creating an OER and interactive learning objects
- How Pressbooks supported collaborations on the Domestic Violence in Immigrant Communities book
- Impacts open access publishing has had on disseminating research and engaging a cross-sectional audience online
Library and Learning Services, Faculty of Applied Health & Community Studies (FAHCS) & Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences (FHASS)
© Ferzana Chaze, Sarah Sinclair, Sam Cheng
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.
Original Publication Citation
Chaze, F., Sinclair, S. & Cheng, S. (2021). Introduction to Open Educational Resources (OER): Panel [PowerPoint Presentation] Teach Well Introduction to Open Educational Resources (OER) panel session, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Chaze, Ferzana; Sinclair, Sarah; and Cheng, Sam, "Introduction to Open Educational Resources (OER): Panel" (2021). Publications and Scholarship. 16.
This presentation was part of the Teach Well Introduction to Open Educational Resources (OER) panel session that took place on June 10, 2021.